Assist patients with activities of daily living and minor household duties.
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate & safe techniques in personal hygiene & grooming
- Report all pertinent information to Charge Nurse and/or other members of the Interdisciplinary Team
- Ensure that the Hospice Aide portion of the patient’s medical records are completed and maintained in accordance with agency policies and government regulations.
- Change patient bed linen as needed
- Assist patients with meals
- Pick up meals from Wyoming Medical Center in the cook’s absence
- Prepare meals and wash dishes in the cook’s absence
- Do patient laundry
- Deliver and pick up laundry at Wyoming Medical Center in the absence of maintenance personnel
- Complete and document patient safety assessment on all new admissions
- Maintain tidy environment in patient area
- Ability to demonstrate safe transfer techniques & ambulation
- Is knowledgeable of all policies and procedures related to job performance.
- Complete shift duties as outlined
- Other duties as assigned
- Attend mandatory meetings
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to function within the team concept.
- Able to provide multiple tasks within limited timeframe.
- Must successfully demonstrate Hospice Aide competencies as required by the Conditions of Participation for Medicare.
- Responsible for maintaining required continuing education hours and/or work experience necessary for Wyoming Certified Nursing Assistant license.
- Able to assist with physical transfer of patients (which may require the use of 100 lbs. of force on occasion).
- Willing to become BLS certified and maintain certification
- Must be able to work in a variety of positions including but not limited to stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, sitting etc.
- Must have dependable transportation and a valid Wyoming Driver’s License.
Education and Experience
- CNA with current certification in the State of Wyoming
- Prefer one to two years CNA experience.
Central Wyoming Hospice Program is a 24/7 facility. While every attempt is made to honor shift preferences, you may be assigned to an alternative shift if coverage is needed.