Central Wyoming Hospice is seeking a compassionate nurses who would like to provide quality patient and family focused care. If you are wishing to provide comfort care in a team environment, this may be your opportunity. All RN positions include call time.
We offer a competitive benefit package for full-time employees to include Healthcare, Flex Plan, and a generous Paid Time Off program. If interested, apply on this site or apply at 319 S Wilson in Casper. Pre-hire drug screening. EOE
Provides nursing care and case management to individuals residing in the hospice homes. Serve as charge nurse while on duty.
- Provide skilled nursing care based on systematic assessment.
- Responsible for the timely completion of assessments and the plan of care for all assigned patients.
- Is knowledgeable of all policies and procedures related to job performance.
- Ensures that patient records are accurate and complete and maintained in accordance with agency policies and appropriate government regulations.
- Participates in weekly interdisciplinary team meetings as scheduled.
- Supervises, assists, and delegates to the hospice aides within their scope of practice.
- Supervises the hospice home cooks.
- Communicates regarding the care and other related problems of the patient in a language and manner that the patient and family understands.
- Attempts to cover staffing needs for the next shift in the event of unscheduled staff absence.
- Other duties as assigned by the CWHTP Director of Nursing or Executive Director.
- Attends mandatory meetings.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Willingness to develop skills in specialized areas of end of life care, knowledge of hospice philosophy, and Medicare/Medicaid procedures and regulations.
- Able to function within a team concept.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to guide and assist hospice aids in fulfilling their responsibilities as team members.
- Responsibility for maintaining required continuing education hours and/or work experience necessary for Wyoming nursing license.
- Willing to become BLS certified and maintain certification.
- Able to assist with physical transfer of patients (which may require use of 100 lbs. of force on occasion).
- Must be able to work in a variety of positions including, but not limited to, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, sitting, etc.
Education and Experience
- Registered Nurse (R.N.) with valid Wyoming nursing license.
- Prefer one to two years of experience as bedside R.N.
Central Wyoming Hospice Program provides nursing coverage 24 hrs. a day, 7 days a week. While every attempt is made to honor schedule preferences, you may be assigned to an alternative schedule if coverage is needed.